‘Smoke logged’ block of flats evacuated after electrical fire

October 25, 2014
By

A three-floor block of flats in Stanwell was evacuated after an electrical fault caused a fire in a cupboard.

A 42-year-old man was led out of Barley Court in Victory Close by firemen, suffering from smoke inhalation.

Three fire crews, from Staines, Egham and Sunbury, went to the blaze at 7.50pm on Friday (October 24).

Watch commander Dan Pearson, from Staines Green Watch, said: “The whole block of flats was evacuated as a precaution. There was about 18 people.

“We were there for about three hours as the fire investigators came in. It was an electrical fault in a cupboard in someone’s flat that caused it.

“There was flames abut mainly smoke. The corridors were smoke logged.”

The man required oxygen and ambulance treatment.

Article source: http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/smoke-logged-block-flats-evacuated-7997006


Famous Words of Inspiration...

Tags: