Six men injured at Blindley Heath social club after ‘biker gang’ fight

November 8, 2018
By

Two men remain in a serious condition after a fight between “rival motorbike gangs” at a social club in Blindley Heath.

According to police, 13 armed men arrived at the Formans Social Club and Institute in Eastbourne Road at around 7.30pm on Wednesday (November 7) and attacked another group of men in an outbuilding at the club.

The gang then fled north along the A22, leaving six men at the social club with reported stab wounds and head injuries.

Three of the men were still in hospital on Thursday morning (November 8), two of them in a “serious but stable condition”.

Witnesses said up to nine ambulances were present at the incident, as well as an air ambulance and armed police officers.

Jenifer Comeau, 32, of Eastbourne Road, said: “I saw 10 or so men running up the road around 7.25-7.30pm as I drove home but didn’t realise why until they closed the road at about 8.30pm, and there were blue lights everywhere.”

Police officers in Eastbourne Road, Blindley Heath after a fight allegedly between two motorbike gangs on November 7.
(Image: Louis Jose)

She added: “It was obviously planned, so it worries me that the people responsible were so brazen to do it at a time when there was a high possibility there may have been children around and that it was so close to home.

“I feel reassured, though, it reportedly wasn’t linked to local people.”

Gareth Davis, chairman of the Formans Club, wrote on a local Facebook group: “The police are conducting investigations. Please try not to speculate. It’s separate from the club and I’m sure you’ll hear about it in the press.”

Another neighbour, who asked to remain anonymous, said: “I was in my living room and heard lots of motorbikes pass and thought it was strange.

“I went upstairs and around 15 or 20 minutes later heard police car after police car which sounded like they were stopping by my house so I went out to take a look.

“I saw at least six police cars and two ambulances. Armed police were in front of the driveway blocking the whole of the A22 letting no one pass.

“The police also knocked on our door stating 15 men in balaclavas had made an attack at the Formans and none had been found. They were asking all local residents if they had CCTV installed.”

(Image: Louis Jose)

No arrests have been made and police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Friday, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are in the early stages of our investigation and we are still trying to piece together what has exactly happened.

“What we do know is that this is an extremely serious incident and we are doing all we can to find those responsible.

“The investigation is well underway and we have officers out in the local area conducting reassurance patrols.

Read More

Crime in Surrey

“We understand that this is a concerning incident for local residents but we do not believe there to be a wider threat to the public and it is extremely rare for an incident of this nature to occur.

“If you saw something, no matter how small, then please pick up the phone as it could assist our investigation.”

Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information about those involved should call Surrey Police on 101 quoting reference number PR/P18267846 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Article source: https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/six-men-injured-blindley-heath-15386370


Famous Words of Inspiration...

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *