Kitchen fire in high rise flats near Farnborough station

November 23, 2018
By

A kitchen fire has broken out in flats near the Ham and Blackbird roundabout on Farnborough Road (A325).

At least four crews and an aerial ladder rushed to the scene of a kitchen fire in the Chapter House flats in Farnborough that broke out at around 10.45am, November 23.

Rushmoor firefighters were first on the scene and reported that they used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to quickly extinguish the fire.

Crews shut the road while they entered the Chapter House apartment block, however witnesses on social media reported that it was not evacuated.

Nobody was injured during the incident.

Rushmoor Watch Commander Rowe said: “The alarm sounded and the neighbour smelled smoke so they called us.

“The fire stayed within the kitchen as the building acted as it’s supposed to, with the fire doors and alarms all working well.

“It turned out that it was just unattended cooking . Two fire fighters made a forced entry into the flat and then moved the cooking and ventilated the premises.

“They must have left the stove on by mistake and gone to work. They know about it now!”

A spokesman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue said: “We sent three fire engines and an aerial ladder at around 11am which were on scene for about 20 minutes.”

Article source: https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/kitchen-fire-high-rise-flats-15455956


Famous Words of Inspiration...

Tags: